Thursday, October 30, 2008

What? It's not Friday?

Thursday, October 30, 2008
I'm very excited today. I don't really know why; it's Thursday and I'm sure I'll be crushed with the heavy weight of disappointment when I have to get up for work AGAIN tomorrow.

Do you ever have that dream where you get out of bed, get in the shower, sit down and eat breakfast, get dressed and leave the house? Yeah, I have that dream all the time. And then I open my eyes and realize that it's too late to get my life in gear and actually do something with my hair, so I shlepp out to work looking tired and somewhat grungy YET AGAIN.

Thankfully my hair has reached the length of fitting in a ponytail. Those few months back at the beginning of this year were ROUGH.

Oh, wait. Those few months back at the beginning of the year, I was underemployed, so no one CARED what I looked like!

Sigh.

Yesterday we were standing around a tray of cupcakes at work, and of course, when you've got 8 women standing around a tray of cupcakes, immediate judgement of appearance occurs. Someone said something about makeup and hairstyling, and it was decided that none of us at Ye Olde Workplace are really concerned about it.

Meaning, that no one bats an eye when I come into work in the morning breaking the dress code, with no mascara and a sad, sad ponytail disguised as a "hairstyle" with a banana clip.

If only I had a functioning alarm clock and more- nay, some- ambition, I might wow them. I might someday wow them with styled hair and a coordinating outfit.

But don't count on it.

0 comments: