Tuesday, November 04, 2008

A Day Eight Years in the Making

Tuesday, November 04, 2008
Today is a hard day. I'm afraid, my friends, that tomorrow will be even harder. Today, a group of individuals that I don't necessarily trust to make a good decision (please note: not "the right decision") will elect their next leader. And everyone else on the planet who isn't starving to death- because clearly, those individuals have bigger problems- is holding their breath. And feeling, if you're me, completely hopeless.

Why don't I have faith?

Because this decision, made by the people, is ultimately made.by.the.people. That's a good thing, right? Yeah, sure. It's a great thing. It's absolutely the ONLY way it should be. Individuals, I trust. But People as a collective, I can't. I don't really have faith in a Nation to make a good decision, when their track record pretty much blows.

This was going to be a far more intelligent blog post, but let's cut to the chase:

Yankees, you're gonna make the wrong decision, because talk is cheap. Talk means nothing. You can wave your flag up and down the street and post on your blog and put a sign on your lawn and tell your neighbours and coworkers how enlightened you are to back someone different from you- but unless you actually BELIEVE in change and have the courage to do something about it when you mark your ballot?

Good luck to you, then.

1 comments:

Meg said...

Oh, and they didn't screw it up! Oh, me of little faith!