Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Oh, the woes of Motuesday

Tuesday, November 25, 2008
So I spent the weekend in Edmonton, freezing my tukush off and cheering on runners with bells tied to their shoes. In lieu of the weekend, I had yesterday off.

When I get a day-off-in-lieu, I like to really milk that day off. I spent Monday:

-Eating blueberry pancakes and reading Wicked at Nellie's (yum, no line for brunch, huzzah!)
-Updating files I never quite get around to updating at home
-Scouting out Christmas gifts for those I love
-Buying the most awesome winter boots that ever did live, as a gift from my Grandma's to me.
-Watching Disney's "Black Hole", this epically corny but also, in its own way, awesome sci-fi movie from the 80's.

But now I'm back at my desk. Taking my morning coffee/blog break. Waiting for a mail merge. Feeling for all the world like a Monday.

Oh, and if you've been trying to get ahold of me- yeah, my phone is dead. The battery is dead, I lost the charger, and now I discover that the actual SERVICE has kicked out. AGAIN. In an ongoing saga of: "I paid you" "No you didn't" "Yes I did, check your records" "Oh, we apologize" "Get me out of this contract" "If you cancel, you owe us $300".

Le sigh.

1 comments:

Meg said...

Holy Bad Grammar Batman.

Also, The Black Hole came out in 1979.

I should really get a fact-checking team. OR a job as a fact-checker. That would really use my google skillz to the max, yo.