Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Ruminating on a quote from one of my favouritest of films

Tuesday, November 04, 2008
To paraphrase, in the words of the wise Rob Gordon- "...what really matters is what you like, not what you are like."

And while I'm not entirely sure that I agree all of the time- one's character and values are significantly important to me in all of my close relationships- I'll provide you with a list.

Things I Like

-John Cusak
-XKCD
-Questionable Content
-Cooking Blogs
-Hot, Medium-Roast Coffee
-The colours green, plum, red and blue
-fuzzy sweaters that don't itch
-text messaging
-Apple Products. Almost all of them.
-Family Heirlooms. Mine, yours, his, hers, maybe someday ours. Especially of the jewelled variety.
-Photographs of babies, but not ones dressed up Anne Geddes style, with food on their faces or artfully naked ones posing on or around or anywhere near, quite frankly, naked adults. Creeeepy.
-Whiny Canadian Indie Rock. Insert here: The Weakerthans, Feist, The Golden Dogs, The Format (not Canadian but I make an exception), Both Wainrights- Rufus and Martha (Wait, are they Canadian?), Sam Roberts, Broken Social Scene, Stars, Arcade Fire (sometimes), etc.
-Bookstores that allow open browsing
-Movies on Bluray (dude, you can totally see the difference, I was wrong, I'll admit it)
-HIMYM
-Doctor Who, iffy on the future sans David Tennant et al
-Cheeses
-Pinot Noir
-Handwriting and Long Division
-Filet Mignon, Sauteed Veg, Stuffed Baked Potato
-Peach Iced Tea and Diet Coke
-Kraft Dinner
-Pizza with pineapples


Totally not an exhaustive list. But a list none the less.

2 comments:

bellini said...

i understand that this is not a complete list.
you know how i know that? because neil patrick harris is left off.

Anonymous said...

Gals
You have got to see this. Obama playing on XBox. Funniest video ever. http://bit.ly/bllhx1