Wednesday, December 31, 2008

At last

Wednesday, December 31, 2008
I woke up this morning and looked out the window at the frozen world. Headlights and streetlights and people in a hurry to get somewhere, and I felt a wave of relief. Finally, 2008 has come to a close.

Today is the last day of the year, and I kicked it off with a latte.

I am so excited to get a clean start. It really feels like 2009 is a fresh, unopened notebook for me to scribble all over. Hopefully this year I stay within the lines, at least a little.

I make new years' resolutions every year. I usually don't share them, because I have issues with making my goals public and then publicly failing. This indicates to me that I should probably tell you all what I want to do so that you will yell at me when I don't do it. But I don't like yelling.

Tonight, for most of the world, the year will go out with fireworks and shouting and drunken, regrettable phone calls or text messages.

I just hope to stay home and stay warm, with the people I love and reflect on what a year it's been, and my hopes for the one that is to come.

0 comments: