Thursday, December 11, 2008

Things I love about Christmas

Thursday, December 11, 2008
The smell of my mom's house. Also, the smell of Grandma Olga's house.
Magi's turbans, this awesome cookie my mom makes with a gingersnap base and a hershey's chocolate hug on top. Yum.
Reading Christmas cards and letters from family and friends, including my crazy great aunts. They always make for entertaining reading.
Wrapping presents.
Hiding while my mom wraps presents, including her yelling something along the lines of "Don't come in, I'm wrapping presents!". Every single year she does this, and I love it.
Stocking stuffers- give this girl a small margarine tub of dry froot loops and she's happy.
That first hug after/while coming through the door.
Crazy Bailey Outdoor Hijinks- be it midnight walks, shinny on an outdoor rink, a family curling bonspiel or just a snowball fight in the parking lot of a Denny's.


I had a rough day yesterday, and today I'm trying to focus on things that make me happy. Sorry for the sap, but I need to pull through (yet again) or I'll spend the day silently crying at my desk (yet again).

4 comments:

Snowflake said...

I think we need to come up with some outdoor hijinks for this Christmas as there is no outdoor rink, no skidoo, no zoo, no curling rink. Hmmm, it's beginning to sound like all indoor activities meaning board games and puzzles (anyone up for a game of Trivial Pursuit?)

Meg said...

Yeah. Well, we could go toboganning- wait, no hills. Or how about making snowmen? Or maybe you could call your friend Jack and get him to hitch up his clydesdales...

So many spelling errors, so little enthusiasm to fix them!

Snowflake said...

We could go sledding on the hill at the school (or should we call it the bump) but there isn't enough snow for sledding or building snowmen and Jack doesn't have clydesdales and beside won't be home....so next batch of ideas??

cw said...

Road trip to Yorkton! That's outdoors. Mostly. And think of all the games you could play in the car!