Friday, December 12, 2008

Things I swore I'd never do, but did

Friday, December 12, 2008
Last night was Gary's Christmas party, and for those of you interested in how my wardrobe decision played out, I decided to wear the purple top and black skirt that I already had hanging in my closet. I bought that skirt probably 7 or 8 years ago. You have served me well, oh black pencil skirt that apparently never goes out of style and fits regardless of how many crave cupcakes I've eaten that week (ONE).

I decided that because I didn't purchase the $39 new dress, I'd splurge and go get my hair cut and styled.

Yeah, I splurged.

The $15 Great Clips special.

My soul hurts. I didn't buy a new outfit, new shoes, new lipstick...and I spent less than a twenty on a haircut. AT GREAT CLIPS.

What have I become? When did this happen? And who knew, when you're really only trimming at most a centimetre off the end of your hair- it doesn't matter if you spend $80 (like I normally do) or the equivalent of three coffees at Starbucks.

This is the least fun part of being a grown up lady.

0 comments: