Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Cappuccino Calamity

Tuesday, January 13, 2009
I think the awkward barrista at the coffee place beside my office has a crush on me.

This is awkward for many many reasons, the first of them being that I'm probably almost a decade older than he is (frightening), and despite the fact that he looks very much like a young Emile Hirsch... NO.

I know, you're going to say, "Megan, it's a barrista's job to be friendly and smile at you and somehow turn the foam of every single latte, london fog and cappuccino you've ordered in the last 3 months into a little heart. Maybe the only milk-foam design he knows how to do is a little heart. Maybe it's a little leaf!"

But then we have the case of the googly eyes.

And the blushing.

And the strange hovering over my table when I'm alone.

And the sort of below the decible heard by human ears "hello" "goodbye" "thanks" "incomprehensible muttering" uttered at completely inappropriate times.

And the fact that at this particular independent non-corporate espresso joint, the barristas make it their mission to be snobby and condescending.

Awkward.

So. Awkward.

1 comments:

Lady Rose said...

do you need to borrow my engagement ring?