Thursday, January 29, 2009

Cohabitation Ole!

Thursday, January 29, 2009
Last night I made these awesome enchiladas for dinner. Seriously, I know that any list of ingredients that includes a "cream of" soup is often times dodgy, but these were awesome.

Or at least so awesome that we ate them without complaint. And on a Wednesday, what more can you ask for?

It's a darn good thing that Gary likes Mexican food. Because, frankly, I love it, and I eat it all the time, and if I had my way our weekly schedule of meals (that I force him to sit down and discuss every Sunday...) would look like this:

Monday: Tacos
Tuesday: Fajitas
Wednesday: Quesadillas
Thursday: Tacos
Friday: Enchiladas

I didn't make him dinner for the first 7 months of our relationship. Honestly. I went all out the first time with Chicken Parmigiana, and ever since then I've been attempting to fatten him up, Eastern European Grandma style.

He's definitely not getting any fatter. I think I'm doing it wrong.

It's one of my few (ha) life goals to be as good of a cook as my mother is. We'll see how that pans out. All I hope for on a regular basis is just to not kill anyone.

We're having the Chapmans over for dinner on Saturday, I'm making chicken cordon bleu, Saskatchewan-style, and I'm feelin' the pressure. Because while I have a stomach of steel, it would be really unfortunate to kill one's boyfriend and one's closest friends, all in one go.

2 comments:

Lady Rose said...

I like this all Mexican menu you've got going on. I think I'll suggest it at Chez Chapman.

Breanne said...

Can Kevin move in with you? He would also like to eat Mexican every night of the week.
The conversation in our house frequently goes like this:
Me: What's for dinner?
Kevin: Tacos?
Me: No.
Kevin: Fajitas?
Me: No.
Kevin: I hate you.