Wednesday, January 21, 2009

crazy voice

Wednesday, January 21, 2009
I keep a lot of my thoughts inside my own head.

I'm sure that we all do, but seriously, my internal dialogue is INTENSE.

I don't let it out most of the time because I'm sure that 90% of the things I think, if spoken aloud, would cause all of my friends, family and coworkers to label me crazy. That special kind of crazy that starts with an elongated, higher-pitched first syllable, and a long, drawn out vowel sound at the end. No finger motions required.

The things I think and want to say would, under most situations, cause my boyfriend to slap a giant "psychotic girlfriend" sticker on my forehead and run. Run run run and regret the fact that I have a key to the apartment he lives in.

So fortunately for us all, including myself, I keep those thoughts on the inside. I let them simmer and bubble and turn over and over, until I come to the conclusion that I actually am crazy, so god forbid, don't ever speak of them again.

But maybe...

this actually makes me more crazy.

3 comments:

Lady Rose said...

wow. It's a lot of effort to be a Megan.

PatZ said...

you're sure it's not because if you speak them out loud, you end up singing 'you're a mean one Mr. Grinch' to the air only to find a coworker doubled over in laughter?

Meg said...

it really is a lot of effort.