Thursday, January 15, 2009

It's true.

Thursday, January 15, 2009
Yes, it's true.

I no longer hate The Tragically Hip.

I don't know if it's a sign of mellowing with age, or a greater appreciation of the music of our country. Maybe it's all the CBC Radio 2 I've been hoisting upon myself since the new year started.

Or maybe it's just that really, hating something so random and subjective takes up a hell of a lot of energy and time, and I just don't care anymore.

It's like hating an ex-boyfriend.

You live in fear of the day that you'll turn on the radio and whammo, every single station is playing Little Bones and you can't stop because if you do turn off the radio all you'll hear is it playing in your head and it's driving you crazy and then one day you just stop.

You don't care.

You may even find yourself reminiscing fondly or singing along.

And then you know, it's done, it's over. The end.

I'm getting old. It's causing me angst. Amanda was right. Maybe I am wasting my twenties.

2 comments:

Michael said...

This is what happens when you get old; you start appreciating good music, like the aforementioned Tragically Hip.

:)

Breanne said...

I'm so angry at you right now. Really? The Hip? What's next - Nickleback???? I don't know if I even KNOW you anymore.

Okay, maybe I do... but still, this hurts, it really hurts.