Thursday, January 08, 2009

Things that should have been on the list

Thursday, January 08, 2009
The 101 in 1001 project is going quite nicely. Two of my most awesome friends have also made lists. I've started making progress, ticking things off the list and making plans to tick things off the list.

Except for one thing.

I have been overcome with a strange and powerful urge to do other ambitious things that aren't on the list.

Like Tuesday. I phoned Amanda and asked her if she wanted to go antiquing. "Is that on your list?" She asked.

And I've started listing to CBC Radio 2.

And I've started knitting a cozy for my French Press. (What? A girl needs to keep her coffee hot!)

None of these things are on the list. I tell myself that it's okay, they are also honourable things I want to do or accomplish, and in some ways, they help me to achieve things on the list. They're like baby steps. List items -2, -1.

Except for that antiquing thing. I have no idea where that particular urge came from.

3 comments:

Robert said...

A French press cozy! what a great idea. I think I may re-purpose an old, matted scarf to do the same! Cool.

Meg said...

Good plan. Just tie it around the press artfully.

Lady Rose said...

But I found a way to roll that antiquing thing into a list thing didn't I? When I'm on a mission, I'm on a mission!