Monday, February 09, 2009

Drive Safe

Monday, February 09, 2009
My parents are leaving this morning (well, they've probably left already) for Arizona. My mom and dad love to travel, and we've taken lots of great family vacations. They've also gone on many trips by themselves.

And every time they go somewhere, I worry that something will happen to them while they are gone.

I know it's irrational. But I worry. I worry that something will happen, or they will be in an accident, or one of them will get sick. Last year, my mom dropped into conversation that Dad went to the doctor when they were in Arizona (for something pretty minor) and I almost lost it.

I remember being about 10 years old and staying with my Grandma Clara while my parents went to Toronto. I was terrified that their plane would crash.

I think what contributes to my fear is the notion that if something DID happen to them, how would anyone ever get in contact with my brother and I?

It's strange, because I don't worry about them when they're at home...

Have fun, and don't worry about me, but please drive safe, Mom and Dad. And eat some really good mexican food for me!

0 comments: