Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Family Day: Grandma would be ASHAMED.

Tuesday, February 17, 2009
Mmm, the Mo-Tuesday following a greatly anticipated long weekend. How I savour the aroma of you. You sort of smell like getting up 90 minutes early so I could get to work early for a fancy meeting. And, you know, petunias.

My weekend was AWESOME. Seriously. It included a swanky dinner, a comedy club, a sojourn to a pawn shop in the NW part of the city, an early morning latte run and a sweet mani-pedi with the best massage chair IN THE UNIVERSE.

And an hour-long neck rub. Because I am a spoiled princess.

And after a day of spending time with my "family" (Gary) doing things I will not blog about (playing Starcraft and watching Sci-Fi...damn it! blabbed again!) we made a dinner that is both reflective of my heritage and blasphemous, all at the same time.

Oh, delicious sausages and perogies. How I love thee.

And how guilty I felt that we barbecued the sausages and pan-fried, not boiled and buttered, the perogies.

And how guiltier I feel that it was DELICIOUS.

0 comments: