Wednesday, February 11, 2009

No, seriously. 2006 Megan would hate 2009 Megan.

Wednesday, February 11, 2009
I'm having trouble deciding if I should go to the gym after work, or if I should go home and make delicious valentines cupcakes for my office.

I was torn between valentines sugar cookies or valentines cupcakes, but I made sugar cookies at christmas...and who doesn't love cupcakes?

When I was little, I always wanted my mom to make open faced flakes of ham sandwiches for the Valentines parties at school. Somehow I think these would go over less well with the adults I work with...

I've never really liked Valentine's Day. I've always been single on that day, and extremely bitter about it. I'm sure that everyone knew exactly where it was coming from when I grumbled about "hallmark holiday" and "stupid excuse to sell us crap" and "pink and red don't even GO together".

While all of the above are true, I do like cupcakes.

And these days, I like being mushyfaced. And what better excuse to get all mushyfaced in public than a random day in the middle of winter?

3 comments:

Erin said...

Hey mushyface, does having a mushyface impair your ability to answer the telephone? People are trying to get a hold of your mushyface!

Lady Rose said...

bah!! non-single people are allowed to dislike Valentine's day you know! stupid generic, hallmark holiday.

Be honest. Isn't it nicer for your partner to do something sweet or bring home flowers or take you out for dinner of their own accord on any random day? doesn't that really mean more than doing it on some societally legislated romantic day?

hmmmmm? HMMMMMMMM?

yeah. I think I've made my point.

Meg said...

True, that is the ideal.

But I take what I can get.