Thursday, February 12, 2009

These are the days of our lives.

Thursday, February 12, 2009
Well, it's the middle of February and Gary hasn't kicked me out yet.

I interpret this as a positive thing.

I don't necessarily like to blog about our relationship, but (because I'm breaking AAAALLL the rules today) it's important to note that we have never had a fight.

We are almost approaching a year of dating, and we have never. fought. This amazes me, and sort of scares me.

I'm not really a fighter, but come now. I scrap with my brother after 10 minutes of breathing the same air. I have strong opinions. I am petty. But apparently not petty enough.

The only major bone of contention in our relationship? How the toilet paper roll goes on the holder.

Oh, it's replaced. It's replaced regularly and promptly- we have no issues there.

But apparently I install it wrong. AND EVERY TIME I DO IT, I think about it, and I sort of panic. "Am I doing this wrong?" I think. And then I get all self-indignant and huffy and think to myself, "well, HE'S doing it wrong." And then I feel bad. And this is all within a 13 second window of time while I'm standing in the bathroom with a roll of personal hygiene paper in my hand.

I know what you're thinking (if you're not Gary). What does it matter?

I totally thought the same thing. Paper up, paper down, who cares?

Well. Apparently it makes it easier to reach one way. And it's easier to unroll. Or something.

So, I've come to this: Gary cares. And because he cares, and I care about him, I vow to make an effort.

Now let's see if we can make it to 50 years with no fighting. Mwahaha. Ha.



but seriously...which way is the right way, again?

1 comments:

Jo* said...

I have found an article which will resolve any debate:
http://currentconfig.com/2005/02/22/essential-life-lesson-1-over-is-right-under-is-wrong/