Friday, March 06, 2009

Action Movie Week

Friday, March 06, 2009
This week, Gary and I have watched The Abyss, The Terminator and Total Recall. Tonight we've scheduled a viewing of the ultra-deluxe super extreme director's cut of The Terminator 2. I have confusion about the title of this film; Terminator 2 sounds better, but the first was calle The Terminator.

At any rate, we have watched and I have enjoyed all of the above action flicks produced before widestream use of the internet was popular. I was sincerely hoping we could sneak in War Games, my favourite sci-fi/actiony film, but I don't think that's going to happen.

Because what Gary doesn't know is that sure, this week was Gary Makes Megan Watch Action Movies Week...

But next week is Megan Forces Gary Against His Will To Watch Movies Where Obstacles Are Overcome Through Dance Week, and as much as I love a young Matthew Broderick, there just isn't any fancy-foot action in that movie.

5 comments:

Abbey Shaw said...

hahaha, I love movies like that. I think that the way you described it made my whole day.

Lady Rose said...

ooooooooooooo. yes!! A Chorus Line, Save the Last Dance, Billy Elliott, Centre Stage. I mean, they even overcome some obstacles in Chicago through dance.

Gary's in for an awesome week!

Meg said...

He did it to himself when he bought me Dirty Dancing on Bluray.

Gary said...

ugh, gulp, ugh ...
I knew too many action movies was gonna bite me in the end

PatZ said...

no such thing as too many action movies. there IS such a thing as too many obstacles overcome by dance.
if action movies and obstacles overcome by dance movies were characters in a movie, Action movies would be Indiana Jones and Obstacles Overcome by Dance movies would be the guy with the sword.
if that's not self explanatory enough then i dont know what is.