Friday, March 27, 2009

Birthday Wishlist

Friday, March 27, 2009
I've been told I'm a difficult person to buy gifts for.

Apparently this is because I take after my father.

Now, to be fair- yesterday I discussed how I inherited one of my mother's most annoying traits, and today, I'll talk about how I'm also just like my dad.

My dad's birthday is 10 days before Christmas. This makes him doubly difficult to buy for. At least mine is spread out a few months!
Here's the thing- when I see something pretty that I like, I usually buy it for myself. I cut to the chase, pull out my debit card, and take it home. I am filled with pride and joy and material goodness.

But it makes it hard to buy me presents.

Dad is exactly the same. If my dad wants something- he cuts out the BS and buys it. Which is awesome. Except in December. Or around Father's Day.

So here you are, people who love me, a list. My birthday is less than 2 weeks away, and I promise I haven't bought any of the things on this list (nor do I really expect you to, either).

My dream birthday wish list
Beach Cruiser bike in seafoam green, red or sparkley blue
iPod Nano in Red or Purple
Statment piece of jewelery- a cocktail ring, earings, a pendant. Classic and demanding attention, much like its wearer.
New shoes- exceptionally well made everyday shoes. Comfortable for walking! Also, runners.
Lulu Lemon Hoodie
Red (or Emerald Green) Trench Coat with coordinating wellies
Fresh and lovely scented body lotions
New music suggestions - FREE!
A giant chapters gift card- or even better, a small chapters gift card for every month of the next year
A gift certificate for yoga or bellydance or some kind of fun fitness classes
A really luxe, buttery leather purse. Big enough for the essentials (lip gloss, phone, wallet, books, notebook, bottle of water, iPod, pens, occasionally laptop), light enough not to dislocate my shoulder.
A new MacBook
Sunshine and fresh flowers
Puppy

And for those of you who are all, "Damn, Bailey, I'm a visual learner!":

Meg's 25th Birthday Wishlist
Meg's 25th Birthday Wishlist - by Meg in the City on Polyvore.com

Happy Birthday Me!

2 comments:

Laurel said...

Hahaha, that's awesome! I love the picture. Enjoy the last couple weeks of being 24!

Meg said...

Thanks! It was a lot of fun to make! I highly doubt I'll receive any of the listed, but a girl can dream...