Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Here Fishy, Fishy

Tuesday, March 24, 2009
I'm currently, as I write this, in the process of making what has potential to be a kick-ass dinner.

Hot and Sweet glazed salmon, steamed asparagus and new potatoes.

This of course could turn into an epic disaster, but at the risk of cursing myself, I doubt it.



I don't know why I do that. I frequently blog about my so-called misadventures in cooking when I have yet to give anyone food poisoning directly related to undercooked meatloaf finished with a raw egg/canned pineapple garnish (Happy 13th Birthday, Megan!!).

I'm a good cook. I can follow a recipe and improvise fairly well. What I make, though often simpler than the grand dishes of my imagination, is edible and most often exceeds my expectations of deliciousness.

So screw being charmingly pessimistic. I'm making dinner and it's going to be awesome, dammit!

Now, uh, if someone could just maybe fill me in on how to remove fish skin, exactly, without touching it? 'Cause fishes, they are pretty gross to touch.

1 comments:

Snowflake said...

O Megan... you certainly inherited your culinary genius from me (dad). You haven't forgotten that special meatloaf dish!


But remember your killing my Tiger Oscars? It may not be a good idea to serve fish to your friends.

DAD