Monday, March 30, 2009

Must be spring

Monday, March 30, 2009
I had one remaining day of vacation from 2008, which I had to take before the end of March. I took it today- anticipation of something being almost better than the something, knowing that I'd have the last Monday off the month off has kept me going far longer than I'd like to admit.

So today, my day off, starts with me propped up in bed, blogging, reading annual reports for other non-profits and listening to Jack Johnson. Later today I'll have a shower, venture out into the world for a soy latte (apparently my tummy doesn't like dairy- who knew?) and a meeting. Then I'm going to either go for a run or make cookies (feel free to vote), read a little bit and then roast a chicken so we have food for a few nights.

Tonight Gary and I are going to see a few new tv pilots. He got the tickets free through some survey or something he filled out long ago, and now we reap the benefits. I'm interested to see what television has come to be- for two people who don't have cable and only watch tv on dvd or download specific shows (that have mostly been cancelled- Veronica Mars, Firefly, etc), we're maybe not the average tv viewers.

1 comments:

Lady Rose said...

depends on the type of cookies. I've been craving a good oatmeal/raisin cookie lately so I would vote for that over a run.

Okay, seriously. Cookies vs. a run? Cookies win every time.