Monday, March 16, 2009

Sing it, Meggie

Monday, March 16, 2009
Gary came home last night from the baby shower, baby-shower game prize in hand (we are now the proud owners of three rubber duckies that don't squeak and a small inflatable raft for said duckies) to find me inhabiting Old Grumblesville.

A few tears later, we had a plan: I would go buy the most disgustingly delicious convenience store pizza sub, he would fire up the projector and we would settle in for a screening of Back to the Future. Oh, Michael J. Fox, curer of all ails.

The grossly awesome submarine sandwich (yum) and the 80's cheese helped for sure, but what really broke my down in the dumps bad mood was singing.

That's right. I actually sat on the couch and sang the blues.

I'll spare you the gory details, but let it be known that in the future, I'm sure you'll hear many renditions of "I got the middle-class quarter life crisis yuppie blues".

Ooooooooh. The bluuuuuuuuuueeees.

1 comments:

PatZ said...

what the hell good is a rubber duck that doesn't squeak? Ernie would have a fit!