Monday, March 09, 2009

Spring Forward, My Arse.

Monday, March 09, 2009
What gives, Nature? First of all, you make me get up an hour earlier (thanks for nothing), giving me the false hope that Winter is on its way out and Spring is right around the bend- that's the whole point of Daylight Savings Time, is it not?

(Mutter mutter optimization of national energy savings mutter mutter)

But then, to add insult to injury, I wake up yesterday and the ground is covered with snow (AGAIN). And TODAY, it's -25, with a windchill factor of -33! What the heck!

I swear, someday I'm moving somewhere where Spring actually arrives in March, and the snow stops in February. Somewhere like British Columbia. Or Miami.

3 comments:

Abbey Shaw said...

I KNOW!
That snow storm hit so fast, hey?
Stupid calgary.

I'm moving to Vancouver in August.
You should follow my lead.

F*%$ Calgary.

Michael said...

It was 16.9 Celsius last Thursday in Beautiful Toronto. We have no more snow. It's raining, and you can almost start tiptoeing through the tulips...

:)

Meg said...

Yeah, but you have to live in Toronto.