Monday, March 09, 2009

Weekends

Monday, March 09, 2009
I'm a sad sack today, much like Ted Mosby, except instead of telling an epic story about how I met the mother of my children and failing to find love in the big city of New York while being a crazy successful architect and going to the same pub every night with my awesome group of legendary suit-wearing friends, I've just got a case of the Mondays.

So I'm making a list of the exciting things I'll be doing on the next few weekends to keep me going. I'm barely hanging on, internets- and I just burned my 3:30 pm snack in the stupid microwave.

This weekend, I'm going to a birthday party with a mexican theme. I'm working, but really that means running a registration table and then doing crafts with kidlets and eating a free lunch. Gary is going to a baby shower to play dorky baby shower games and eat stale crustless watercress sandwiches and watch someone open lame gifts like breast pumps while I stay at home and leisurely enjoy a Sunday of sitting on my backside. Mwah-ha. Gender-role THAT!

Next weekend we are going to spend two nights in the Honeymoon Suite at the Banff Springs Hotel. Gratis (well, for the most part). I gots connections.

The weekend after that, nothing is happening and I plan to fall into a deep depression.

Ditto on the weekend after that one, too.

Easter weekend, I'll be older, more tired, and heading to the Kootenays for a weekend at Gary's mom's! Where they have the best restaurant in all creation. Seriously. BEST. I have never had meatballs and spaghetti like that before. I've been thinking about it pretty much non-stop since Labour Day, and there's at least a 60% chance that the reason I'm still dating Gary is so that I can eat those meatballs again.

Just kidding.

It's more like an 80% chance.

2 comments:

Lady Rose said...

March 27! Sage gala! It will be a rocking good time.

Meg said...

OH YES! Sweet! I even have my outfit all picked out...if only I could find my spanx. I lost them in the move. How does someone lose underwear?!