Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Aaaalll by my-seeeellllfff

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

The iTunes genius playlist feature is a dangerous thing. Particularly when you set it to select songs similar to ABBA's "Does Your Mother Know That You're Out" (what, I love that song) for your morning walk to work.

Expecting disco hits and maybe some Scissor Sisters, you may be surprised by what the iTunes pixies give you.

Halfway down the street you may find yourself hideously tempted to start belting out Celine Dion ballads and swinging around lamp posts.

Not that I did. But I was reaaally tempted to. And give a good Celine-style fist-pump and lung combo. I think that really would have made my morning commute just a bit zestier. Also, it was totally an opportunity to burn some extra calories fist-pump-lunging down 8th street.

4 comments:

Breanne said...

I can't believe you have Celine Dion on your iTunes. Between this and giving in on the Hip, I'm not sure we can associate anymore.

Paper Bag Princess said...

Do you even get insulted by the things itunes lists in your 'you might like's? Sometimes I get some really bad, corny stuff suggested to me.

And then I download it.

(:

Wayne C. said...

Hey Meg,
I'm really enjoying your blog! I got a Mac fairly recently. I'm loving I-tunes radio. I still haven't tried out the genius feature yet. Now I'm a little frightened of it. :)
P.S. Has Sterling got you to join Twitter yet?

Meg said...

Breanne- I'm so sorry. I don't even know who I am anymore!!

PBP- I totally do! I scoff, then silently click download. Then I try to hide my shameful purchases, coming up with excuses like, "Uh, my...brother...downloaded this" when I use the shuffle playlist thingy at parties.

Wayne- Thanks! The genius feature actually is, surprisingly, genius. Except for those moments when you're not really expecting Celine Dion. Or you don't know your music collection very well.

I haven't gotten on Twitter yet- I'm on the fence regarding microblogging. Really, I'm afraid that if I take up one more social networking tool, I'll never leave my house.