Saturday, April 25, 2009

Linda Hamilton, indeed

Saturday, April 25, 2009
Amanda told me this morning while we were huffing and sweating and pumping iron that she wants arms like Linda Hamilton. I asked her, not thinking (that iron is getting to me brain) "The Terminator, Linda Hamilton, or Terminator 2, Linda Hamilton?"

Duh.

Well, imagining that I could one day save the future while heaving around a fierce set of 5 lb dumbbells isn't the most ridiculous thing I did today.

I had a glimmer (SERIOUSLY, just a glimmer) of thought that maybe next year, I'll go in costume to this Comic-Con thing.

And then I remembered: I'm not a loser, I do have social skills, and I hadn't eaten all day, and I was caffeine deprived and thus, nothing I say, do or think should be used against me in any way.

Two hours, a slice of pie and some sweet tex-mex later, my head is clear and I significantly doubt I'll ever actually go back to a Comic Convention. Unless by some miracle of god and strength training I actually do pop out some Linda Hamilton arms, then hot damn, I'll already have a costume!

0 comments: