Thursday, April 02, 2009

Oh, Mister Sandman

Thursday, April 02, 2009

I am exhausted.

I feel like I've been hit by a bus.

I'm not sleeping well, I've had the same headache for the past three days, and thank god the sun has come out or I would be grumpy on top of it all.

I've been having the most epic anxiety related dreams this week. A few nights ago, I dreamt that I had to re-take all of my high school exams. I was struggling with the math and English classes, which is so unlike high school Megan, who rocked those courses (well, pretty much everything, this is no time to be modest).

The next night I dreamt that I was in a play my mother was directing, except that I didn't know any of my lines. Man, she was pissed off.

And last night I dreamt that Gary brought home a new pet. A 12 foot python. And it kept trying to get into the bed. You should know that I am absolutely effing terrified of snakes. This was not a good dream.

(Gary, you bring home a snake, we are relationship off.)

These are frequently recurring Megan dream themes. The only one remaining is that my teeth all fall out, but I haven't had that dream since I broke a wisdom tooth and it actually fell out. I don't know what my subconscious/random firing of the synapses in my brain is trying to tell me, but I think it has something to do with fear of failure, anticipating change and anxiety in general.

On the upside, I did not dream that I was a male mob boss and that my belly button was a Phillips head screw, and that when I unscrewed it my male genitalia fell off and was carried away by waterfowl.

1 comments:

Abbey Shaw said...

HA!
Oh good god, honey I've had some interesting dreams lately too.. don't take it to heart! :P

(aka: Anna faris was a bartender willing to go down on a guy for the same price of beer, and CHANTED before doing it.. um WTF?)

:)
you aren't alone.