Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Please pass the hand sanitizer

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

I am scared.

I started the morning by reading as much as I could find about this swine flu until I had actually worried myself into the fetal position.

I can't decide if this fear is extremely irrational or exceptionally well-founded. Pandemics and plagues and waves of locusts have never bothered me. I've been living in a nice, cozy bubble of that sucks, won't happen to me denial.

And now, for some reason (Helloooo, biological clock. Wave to the nice blogreaders!) I am extremely stressed out over the possibility of the human population going poof in my lifetime.

Or if not my lifetime, the lifetime of my children. Their children, meh. I'm not so worried about. They can fend for themselves.

2 comments:

Jenna said...

Well if you are still feeling freaked out, just wanted to let you know that wearing a mask won't help: http://www.slate.com/id/2217045/

Sterling Lynch said...

We've all got to die. Personally, I'd prefer to die "ensemble" with the the whole species. You know, it's be an event.