Thursday, May 28, 2009

Booooooored

Thursday, May 28, 2009
I feel like a petulant child. I don't deal well with boredom as an adult. I try to keep relatively busy because even after years of amusing myself on long summer vacations, I get bored really easily.

I even tried calling my mom so I could lie on the floor in a heap and moan "Moooooooom, I'm booooooooored" into the phone, just like old times. But she wasn't there. Pssshhh.

I renewed my car insurance, which was a two-hour process that involved forgetting my online log-in password, a call to customer service, numerous repetitions of Canadian Direct Insurance's on-hold phone recording- and as it turned out, the entire process was completely unnecessary as my auto insurance automatically renews itself. Bollocks. (Well, it's not like I didn't have the time...)

Then I read a few chapters of this smutty historical novel, but then turned to reading it aloud in a snappy Bristol accent to amuse myself, which gave me a headache. Helloo, Tylenol Ultra Migrane Relief with Easy-Open Cap.

And now I've realized that it's almost 3:00 in the afternoon and I have yet to eat anything today.

I guess I could go fill in some of my new German Grammar workbooks. Practice Makes Perfect Verb Conjugation, what fun!

I think my mom would tell me to clean something. Sigh. That's so boring.

5 comments:

Lady Rose said...

I like to do a sort of monkey dance when I'm bored. I start a good whine deep in my belly. Then I round my back and let me arms go limp. As I push out the whine I do a hopping type of step while swinging my limp arms to and fro.

I feel that I have done things in yoga that are both more similar and less beneficial for my mental health than my monkey dance whine of boredom.

Meg said...

I've seen that monkey dance. I've always been jealous of the way you let the boredom free from your spine. I like to lie in a heap and whiiiine.

Snowflake said...

If you're bored go clean the bathroom or the oven or the fridge.....at the mere suggestion of cleaning, the boredom with suddenly disappear!!

Lady Rose said...

both more similar? what does that even mean? my god I have terrible grammer.

Paper Bag Princess said...

Don't you have any vices you can indulge? Tv-watching, trolling? I suppose there's always the dumb gym. Or, forget whiiiine, and try wiiiine! While lying in a heap.