Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Counting blessings

Wednesday, May 06, 2009
I'm lucky. It's important to remember why.

I have an incredible partner, a loving family, wonderful friends.
I'm safe. My human rights aren't infringed upon or taken from me.
I have a roof over my head, shoes on my feet, gas in my car, food in the fridge.
I have the luxury to go on an incredible vacation this summer, and the honour of standing up for a beloved family member at her wedding in May.
I can see, I can speak, I can read, I can write, I can hear, I can move.

What about you? What are your blessings?

10 comments:

Paper Bag Princess said...

Awesome post!!! My list is similar to yours. For me: amazing family, wonderful spouse, my health and mental faculties, living in country that is at peace, a home, a stable source of income, the everyday abundance that I experience, my kitty Pudding, and umm my clothes and shoes! (:

I try to run through this in my head every morning when I get up. ha ha ha, this reminds me of something I used to say to my husband whenever I was in a crappy mood. I would pretend cry and say. 'At least I still have my legs.' It was funny the first time...

(:

Wayne C. said...

Summer approaches
I have friends
I have beer
Life is a sweet

Wayne C. said...

Err...That should read "life is sweet". Oh well, I guess I'm OK with the unintentional metaphor. :)

Sterling Lynch said...

I've retired. Twice.

Amanda said...

hmmm...I wonder what seperates Sterling's retirment from what others would classify as unemployment.

I am blessed with an amazing wit. (ha!)

Plus friends and family and all that jazz.

Sterling Lynch said...

Retirement is unemployment, just by choice. :)

Meg said...

Awww, man. I miss Pepsi Jazz.

Lady Rose said...

I wish I was blessed with some Pepsi Jazz right now.

Sterling Lynch said...

Pepsi Jazz?

Meg said...

Mmm, Pepsi Jazz. Well, Diet Pepsi Jazz. Only the best aspartame-sweetened artificially fruit flavoured cola bevereage no longer on the market!