Saturday, May 23, 2009

May 23, 2009

Saturday, May 23, 2009
Today is my cousin's wedding day.

I'm sitting in my Auntie Debbie's kitchen wearing yoga pants, drinking my fourth cup of coffee. My hair is done and my legs are shaven. The dresses are being steamed and are awaiting pick-up at the seamstress. My mother is on her way to the florist. The groom and the groomsmen are delivering liquor to the bar. The tuxes are at the hotel. The cake is being assembled. The wii and karaoke machine have been set up for the reception. The sun has finally come out to play. A sense of calm settles on everyone in the house.

This is a happy day.

3 comments:

Paper Bag Princess said...

Yay! I hope you post pics!

Lady Rose said...

Weddings are so much fun!!

Paper Bag Princess said...

I fraking love weddings, but I know so many people who hate them. What up with that? I find weddings are pretty much the only opportunity I now have for dancing, as a full grown lady.