Thursday, May 28, 2009

Wikipedia: Pack of Lies

Thursday, May 28, 2009
I am crushed.

In researching our upcoming trip to Germany, I fumbled my way across the internet. Some of the towns we will be visiting are quite small and aren't tourist attractions, so fewer resources exist than for, say, Munich.

One of the towns we will be visiting, Mainbernheim, has a wikipedia entry. You can clicky, or I'll sum it up for you:


Mainbernheim has a population of approximately 2400, the town having grown significantly due to new developments outside the city walls. The gummi-bear factory, Bären Schmidt, is the major industry there. Some extant points of interest include the 400-year-old farmhouses along Herrnstraße, which transverses the city from gate to gate and hosts several historic hotels and restaurants.

Wait a second.

The GUMMI BEAR FACTORY??



(sidenote to self: Next year, do your hair on Christmas eve...)


I LOVE GUMMI BEARS. So I did more poking around the internet.

And tragedy struck.

Turns out that Bären Schmidt is a Lebkuchen, or gingerbread, factory.

Wikipedia, you are LIARS. And even though my disappointment is marginally buffered by delicious cookies...LIARS. Filthy filthy liars.

8 comments:

Wayne C. said...

I think gummy bears have to be hunted in the wild :)

Paper Bag Princess said...

Gummy bears are chewy goodness! Maybe you'll find some chocolate covered ones in Germany!! Do you think they exist or did I just make it up in my fantasies?

Sterling Lynch said...

As a lad, I both tortured gummy bears & enacted gummy bear orgies. I was wrathful and loving God.

Anonymous said...

Some were practical, of course, but others were psychological and emotional.
Brazenhead is a great place to go with your family or
for a business lunch or dinner, but if you are looking for a party atmosphere, this isn't it. Theme Format: It is almost like standard format of the pub quiz.

My weblog; pub quiz And answers general knowledge

Anonymous said...

If you're on a budget have your guests light sparklers as you depart. (Here's the key difference.
If you don't have time, think about hiring someone for Best wedding website.

Feel free to surf to my web site ... Wedding Website And Invitations

Anonymous said...

It helps to increase the brand name of these particular sites.

People who tweet on regular basis and are popular should be chosen.
The most frequently asked question in this regard is how you can easily buy
You - Tube Views.

Feel free to visit my homepage :: Buy youtube Views cheap

Anonymous said...

There are many sources to choose from that can offer simple solutions to the problems
you are experiencing with your canine. Another tip is to start with the basic skills.
Research states that more dog trainers and owners are deciding on the dog training collar.


my blog post; paw law dog training academy
Also see my website :: dog training advice forum

Anonymous said...

Only 1 address, while. In the event you employ strategies that may be employed in
agreement together with your dog's normal urge and instincts, you'll be able to improve its character and provide restrictions that
can maintain your dog satisfied. With the Easy Walk Harness,
if your dog attempts to pull forward the straps across the chest and shoulder blades begin
to tighten.

Here is my blog dog training atlanta ga