Tuesday, June 09, 2009

All You Need Is Clean

Tuesday, June 09, 2009
Yesterday I discovered that it takes me exactly the length of the Beatles compilation album "1" to do an entire kitchen full of dishes, wipe down the counters and fold two loads of laundry.

It used to take me two cycles of the Grease soundtrack to dust, vacuum and clean the upstairs bathrooms at my parents' house.

It takes me one half round of ABBA Gold to sashay my way to a clean bathroom, including the floor.

But to clean my teenage bedroom?

Break out your entire CD Collection. This is going to take us through Much Dance 1995, several years of boy bands and maybe even Big Shiny Tunes 2.

What is your cleaning soundtrack? Will the neighbours mock you if they overhear what you play to tidy?

3 comments:

Snowflake said...

Abba is good, Grease is also right up there, also like to clean my way through some Jack Johnson and my new favorite Jason Mraz..."I'm Yours"!!!

Robert said...

Mika, Rhianna or Madonna. Time goes by so slowly when I'm breakin' dishes, but when it's done I can relax.

Sterling Lynch said...

Album? What is this think called, "album?"

I listen to Itunes genre specific radio stations. Drum & Bass, Techno, House, and Reggae.