Friday, June 12, 2009

Away we go!

Friday, June 12, 2009
Well, today is the day. There are no more sleeps!

(I'm not sure that you could call the approximately four hours of lying in bed that I did last night sleeping, but good enough. I'll gravol it up when I'm on the plane)

I am so excited that my tummy hurts. Does that happen to anyone else? It's a full on stomach ache, generated entirely from excitement. Either that or I have significant stomach problems, maybe an ulcer- but I'm thinking it's excitement.

Last night after my parents dropped me off at home, Gary and I had dinner and commenced Packathon 2009. I plan to remove at least 3 shirts and a dress from my suitcase before we actually leave, because I have over-packed (quite unlike me). I want to leave room in my bag for all the fabulous European fashions!

This is a photo of me taken the last time I was in Europe. Digital cameras were new and required floppy discs, Y2K was a recent and embarrassing memory, Britney hadn't gone bald yet and I was 16. Also, T-shirts that said "Princess" hadn't caught on yet, so this is me wearing a T-shirt with a princess ON it.



I would like to state for the record that this was the only piece of apparel, accessory or home good that I owned that indicated Princessly status.

Anywhoodle, in about 9 hours I'll be on a plane, buckled in, hoping not to drop randomly into the Atlantic. I have to go exchange currency and sign the contract for my new job see how she slides that in there, all subtle-like? and have coffee with a friend who just returned from 19 days in Israel.

Other than that, I'm ready! Passport ho, away we go!

(Lame rhyme. Also, thanks to all for your good vibes...they totally worked! I've got an office to return to! Hurrah!)

7 comments:

Breanne said...

YAYYYYYYY!!!! New job!!!!

Laurel said...

Congrats on the job - I am so excited for you! Bon Voyage!

Robert said...

Your first duty at the new job is to send me glossies of all the male dancers as, er, "promotional material" for a project...

Breanne said...

You can include me on that email that you send to Robert. Yup. Sure can. :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the new job, Megan! I hope you have a great time in Germany!!!

Carmen P

Paper Bag Princess said...

Congratulations on the new job!!!!!

Sterling Lynch said...

Job! Woot!