Monday, June 22, 2009

Einkaufen!

Monday, June 22, 2009
Einkaufen is the german word for...

SHOPPING!

I am using the internet in a giant bookstore in the Donau Einkauf Zentrum, for 3 euros an hour. Or, 50 cents for 20 minutes. I am not sure that math adds up.

We are back in Regensburg and are having a great time. The beer is awesome, so far I am more of a fan of the lighter ales and pilsners, which is a surprise as I am a darker beer drinker at home. But whatever washes down the schnizel, right?

A few observations:

Thank god for the smoking ban in Canada.

I could really use a proper shower.

I haven't been hungry in 8 days, and yet, crave ice cream. ALL THE TIME.

German clothing stores in my price range are mostly frumpy or tarty. I need to make more monies.

Regensburg is by far the cleanest european city I have seen.

People do NOT all speak English, as I was told over and over. I am thankful for that 8 week class!

I am thirsty. Fortunately I can buy a beer in this bookstore. Cheaper than a glass of water.

4 comments:

Snowflake said...

It was good to talk to you yesterday. Have a beer for us. Love you!!

Abbey Shaw said...

European ice cream = god.
So jealous.

Wayne C. said...

Mmm beer. I enjoy a good pilsner myself :)
Sounds like your having fun.

Sterling Lynch said...

New Zealand has the best ice cream ever.