Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Estimated Nap Time: 3:30

Wednesday, June 03, 2009
This morning I woke up sometime between 4:30 and 5:00. I tried pretty much everything I could think of to fall back asleep, but it didn't work. Gary left for the gym at what I think was 5:30, and I finally gave up. I made a piece of toast, I checked my email, I retired to the bedroom with a paperback novel about a teen suicide pact.

Why I read Jodi Picoult books, I will never understand. I find them predictable, formulaic, depressing and completely addictive. But no matter how many times I tell myself that I'll hate myself in the morning, I cannot put down one of her books about the legal dramas of children dying of cancer or Amish girls killing their babies. Sigh.

I can't say that reading an entire book before 10 am is a waste of time, but now my daily schedule is totally whacked.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I totally agree about the Jodi Picoult books...and yet, like you, I keep reading them. WHY?!
Carmen P