Thursday, June 18, 2009

Hallo from Deutschland!

Thursday, June 18, 2009
We made it!

Gary and I arrived, jet lagged and hungry on Saturday afternoon. Since then, we have been eating and drinking. And eating. Did I mention the eating? I have consumed more pork in the past 5 days than I have in my entire life. I stopped asking 'was ist das?' on Monday, and assume that it is pork.

Delicious, delicious pork.

I also have a new favourite beverage, Spezi, which is marketed by Pepsi as Schwip Schwap. Just say it out loud and try not to have fun.

Also, the ice cream. Or Eis. Immer Eis in Deutschland. I have photographic proof but this German keyboard is giving me a migrane.

Anywhoo, we have arrived and are well into our trip. 4 museums, 2 castles, a Feengrotten (Fairy Cave), several biergartens and a fascinating exhibit on the destruction and restoration of post ww2 W├╝rzburg, and this is shaping up to be an awesome vacation.

Love to all...

Megan

(PS...it totally WAS a gummi bear factory!!!!)

5 comments:

Senor Ping said...

Yea Megan! Continue to have a good time. You really deserve this holiday. Germany will never be the same.

db

Snowflake said...

I second all that Senor Ping has written and look forward to hearing all about your Deutschland adventure when you get back.

Lady Rose said...

did you get to fill a bucket with gummi bears?

Wayne C. said...

I'm glad you're having a good time. So we've heard about the pork, ice cream, and gummy bears. What about the beer?

Paper Bag Princess said...

The great thing about excessive vacation eating is that it gets canceled out by all the schlepping about from museum to museum.

Have a great time!!!