Thursday, June 04, 2009

He makes it look so easy...

Thursday, June 04, 2009
and delicious...

Aside from a sauce-in-a-jar Butter Chicken attempt, I've never really tried making Indian food at home. I love a good chicken in gravy with naan and a spicy basmati rice. It makes me happy in ways nothing or no one else can. Is that pathetic?

Pioneer Woman is a blog that I added to my Reader a few weeks ago, because I love food photography and I get a kick out of the way she writes. I grew up in a ranching/farming community and so I get what she's talking about when she writes about the majestic beauty of the prairie sunset, the sultry allure of a cowboy and the way a heifer's long, silky eyelashes flutter.

Gag. I'm a city girl now. Pass the Starbucks.

But anyway. This recipe for Chicken Tikka Masala looks soooo damn good that I'm craving it right now. And it's 9:00 am. And I think that eating spicy chicken curries before noon might be even worse than my recent morning diet coke indiscretions.

Whaaat? When you wake up at 6:00, by 10:00 it feeeeels like noon!

1 comments:

Lady Rose said...

What?!? Megan, the rules are there for your protection. Don't go breaking the rules now.