Monday, June 08, 2009

Unsubscribe

Monday, June 08, 2009
I have started the long, unenvious process of (is unenvious even a word?! I think it's not, but it should be. Help me out, Grammar Friends...)

Ok, I have started the long process of unsubscribing to the various e-newsletters, e-blasts, e-updates and daily recipes/fitness tips/writing quotes/magazine blurbs that fill my inbox each morning and make me feel like someone loves me.

All of this email from non-humans is great, and I really do appreciate the work and variety- after all, that's how I make a living- when I'm making a living but we'll be on vacation for 18 days, and I'm not sure when I'll have internet access.

I'd rather spend my precious email moments stolen at the Apple Store in Regensburg reading email from humans who miss my wit than reading the newest Martha Stewart Living Cupcake of the Day. Even though I love cupcakes.

I'm leaving my Reader alone, though. I fully anticipate returning to Canada on July 1st and having 4000 new blog entries to read. You think I'm exaggerating?

I went away for 3 days and had 340 new posts to read. Over a weekend.

No wonder I'm always so busy. ;)

0 comments: