Saturday, July 11, 2009

The Butterball is landing

Saturday, July 11, 2009
Ladies and Gentlemen, brace yourselves:

A baby is coming to visit our apartment.

The apartment Gary and I live in is quite possibly the least baby and child friendly place in the entire universe. We live on the 23rd floor. It's full of expensive, jaggedy electronics and a floor-to-ceiling unsecured bookcase.

Not to mention the magnetic knife rack gracing the kitchen.

I have visions of a wee toddling tyke stabbing himself, tipping over hundreds of heavy dvds onto his head, and then pitching headfirst through the patio door off the balcony.

Fortunately said tyke is 2 months old, and Gary assures me he's not walking yet. I still have time to baby-proof this shack up.

For now, I'm just making sure all the liquor is out of reach. Babies are wiley little things. You can never be too sure...

1 comments:

post-fab princess said...

2 months? No worries. At that age they just lay around like Jabba the Hut (did I spell that right?). They're way too 'fancy' to use their legs.