Friday, July 17, 2009

TGI...what does it matter to me, I've been non-stop Fridays since May

Friday, July 17, 2009
Ahhh. Friday.

I'm really, really, supremely excited to start my new job on Tuesday. As nice as it was to have most of the summer off, it'll be even nicer to be contributing to society again. (Oh, and getting a paycheque sometime this year would be super nice, too.)

I've pretty much run out of things to occupy my time with. Granted, I still have 10,000 words of fiction to write- I got to about 4,500 words and then came up with a brilliant, completely different idea that I am burning to persue.

I didn't read The Grapes of Wrath, but I did get through Pride and Prejudice. And the last two Harry Potter Novels. A trashy romance novel (or 4), and the greatness that is The Book of Negros.

Seriously, READ IT.

I'm looking at the start of our recycling project. Can you believe that Calgary just recently adopted curbside recycling, but it doesn't extend to apartment buildings? And our apartment building has no recycling program?!

(Something deep inside me tells me that I'm the one who needs to spearhead that campaign)

All in all, my May-July term of kickin' it, burden-to-society style was both relaxing and productive. I needed that. Time to heal after my last experience was really important, I have realised, to prevent me from being imbittered and unproductive for the rest of my working years.

I'm excited. I'm enthusiastic. I'm wound up and feel really fresh. I can't wait to get started...

and now I just have to think of something to do with the 4 remaining days of leisure I have left.

3 comments:

Kathleen said...

Hooray for you! Hope you love the new job. I can't believe you hadn't read Pride and Prejudice, it's so fantastic!

Lady Rose said...

Sun and Salsa festival!!!

post-fab princess said...

Yay for you. Glad you got yer batteries recharged. We'll want a full first-a report!