Friday, August 21, 2009

Lacking inspiration at this point

Friday, August 21, 2009
You know, nothing funny or strange happened to me in the past few days. I have basically stayed inside, at my desk during the day or on the couch in the evenings. It makes for kind of a dull existence, really. I need an outside-the-house hobby. Suggestions?

I guess the high point of the week was spending nearly 2 hours in the waiting room of a Walk-In Clinic. I've lived here for, oh, 7 years. I have no family doctor. I haven't had a family doctor since I was but a wee tot. I may not have had a family doctor since I sprung forth into this world, giant head first. I'd have to check with my mom.

I was there to get a particular, ladies-only prescription refil. After my epic wait, where I calmly flipped through a copy of FLARE and worried about exposure to H1N1, I finally got to see the doctor.

Tragically, the doctor didn't ever really SEE me, and as far as he knows, he prescribed 3 months of birth control to a man with a high-pitched voice. How one can assess the medical needs of a patient without ever looking at them is beyond me- though that doctor's over-the-shoulder prescription passing skills were phenomenal.

On the upside, however: I didn't have to PAY to see a doctor. But that's another post altogether.

3 comments:

bellini said...

Say What? Three months? You are hitting up the wrong doctor. My doc gives me 18 months! He must have a lot of faith in my ability to be sexually active.

Meg said...

Sexually active!?

It's for my complexion!

Get your mind out of the gutter, Alex.

post-fab princess said...

Gah! You just reminded me of something I needed to do... erm, for my complexion. Thanks!