Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Unseasonably Perky

Tuesday, August 04, 2009
I, for one, am happy that it's raining.
 
It means that I can wear clothes from the fall-winter section of my closet, which, coincidentally, is 99% of said closet.
 
It means I'm not a sweaty, chafed, red-faced mess by the time I arrive at work.
 
It means I can eat delicious hot foods at lunch (Hellooo, President's Choice Blue Menu Thai Sweet Chili Chicken frozen entree, on sale for $3.19).
 
It means that Gary and I can actually watch something in the evening in our apartment without sweating to death.
 
And it means that for a few days, I can indulge my living in Vancouver/London fantasy and drink earl grey tea mistos and brood.
 
On the other hand, if it's still like this next week, I reserve the right to change my tone.

1 comments:

Lady Buttons said...

I, for two, am also happy it's raining, and indulge in every cold weather fantasy you've listed here. I would also--if it's not too forward--like to add "making casserole-y comfort food for dinner without raisin' spousal eyebrows" to your list. I feel so much better somehow knowing there is at least one other person who shares my ire for schweaty summertime. :)