Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Pot Roast

Wednesday, September 16, 2009
I realized a few moments ago that my posting has been a bit random of late. And by random, I mean completely phoned in.

I apologize. I try really hard to make you like me. I don't want to be Sally Field liked, but liked well enough. Or hated. Or whatever. I just want my ego stroked. STROKE ME!

But I digress.

This spills over to every part of my life. I am a people pleaser. I just want to make the people around me happy and fulfilled. This should, in my pea brain, lead to Megans being happy and fulfilled, but more often than not, it leaves Megans feeling crusty, cynical and drained.

And sometimes without any scathing blog content.

So. Blog readers. What do you want to know about me, my life, my blog? What do you want me to write about? What are you here for? Ask me anything. I'll try to answer it. (With some caveats...like I'm not revealing my home address. You need to come visit me and bribe me with beer for that info!)

I am going home this evening to a dinner that I threw together in the crockpot before I so much as brushed my teeth. I hadn't even peed yet and I had dinner on the go. How is that for super-homemaker-of-the-year?

And then I'm going to proofread. For several hours. Until my big eyes roll out of my head.

So I anxiously await your questions. They are what I am looking forward to, the bright light at the end of my tunnel, what might prevent me from sticking my head into the collating part of the xerox machine and hitting staple- for tomorrow, I have more proofreading to do.

And I know there are about a hundred or so of you reading and about five of you (two being my PARENTS) are regular commentors!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha, I totally love the random-ness

Lady Buttons said...

But life is random! I just love your slice o' life blog posts. Y'know, the ones that I can giggle along with and say, yep, I've done that! Selfishly, it helps me feel a little less crazy to know I'm not the only one. Keep on keepin' on! (I hope I'm not being unhelpful?)

Lady Rose said...

Of course the entries I love best are about you spilling yogurt on yourself.

I also enjoy your slice o' life approach. That is the style of blog we rock after all. Maybe you just need to let your inner crazy shine through a bit more.

What's brought on this navel gazing/search for affirmation??

Meg said...

You know, now that I only consume yogurt in the morning in smoothie form while wearing a towel or underwears, I spill a lot less on myself.

Robert said...

I, for one, would appreciate a little more smutt. Is that too much to ask now that you're happily shacked up? I'm sure Gary wouldn't mind, right? For your adoring fans, your public, your faithful readership!

Alright, I lied. What I love is the story in an every-day event. Like justifying another pair of BR pants, or testing a new suzie-homemaker recipe, or spilling yogurt on yourself. You're great.

Sterling Lynch said...

"You do what you must do and you do it well."

If you want more comments, ask more questions! :)