Saturday, September 26, 2009

Regrets

Saturday, September 26, 2009
It's the last weekend of September and it feels so much like summer that I'm wearing shorts and flip flops.

Peoples, I don't wear shorts IN the summer. I'm not a shorts person. It has to do with my strong, fundamental belief that after 14, the upper thigh shouldn't be seen in mixed company.

Uh, or my cliche hatred for my thighs, whatevs.

But here it is, unusual Indian Summer and I spent the day napping and washing dishes. I had a lot of dishes to wash. It needed to be done.

But it occurs to me that next week will be October, and I didn't sit on a patio and drink endless pitchers of fruity wheat beer this summer. I didn't sunburn my nose and laugh until my sides hurt; I didn't do shots with new friends and stagger home without a coat, my ears ringing.

Oh, well. Next year.

1 comments:

Lady Rose said...

We went on that walk that one day. And then to a street festival. That was kinda summery.