Monday, October 26, 2009

ONE THOUSAND POST FIVE!

Monday, October 26, 2009
Holy Mackerel.

One thousand blog posts. That's insane, peoples. Can you believe that I can't commit to writing a mere 10,000 words of fiction, but I can churn out a thousand posts full of mindless drivel in a mere 3.75 years?

Well, I did. And to celebrate, I'm sitting at home with a migraine that has lasted about 22 hours. Red wine didn't kill it, advil didn't kill it, caffeine didn't kill it, tylenol did nothing, sleep didn't help. I'm out of ideas, people, and that doesn't bode well for the next thousand blog posts.

Anywhooodle, the end of October looms, and with it the promise of my favourite month of sulking, brooding and jazz-listening shimmers softly in the distance. November is upon us, bringing the annual Butter Chicken and Love Actually marathon, the red wine and sad bastard music pit of despair, and the annual anxiety over how I could possibly procure meaningful, touching, one-of-a-kind and yet, cheap holiday gifts for my family members.

Huzzah!

Also, I'm kind of wavering on joining NANOWRIMO this year. For those not in the know- that's a pledge to write an entire novel in the month of November.

Because being a novelist would finally give me the excuse I've been looking for to consume even more coffee.

3 comments:

Lady Buttons said...

Congrats on the 1K milestone! Sorry to hear 'bout the migraine, though. Your November sounds like a slice of melancholic perfection - especially the red wine and 'sad bastard' music! I'm looking forward to much of the same...

Meg said...

Thanks, LadyB! I do love a good November sulk.

Sterling Lynch said...

Nice milestone! Envy!