Friday, October 02, 2009

Things that make Megans Happy: Emergency Edition

Friday, October 02, 2009
Helloooo, loyal-occasional-and-flighty blogreaders!

I am having one heckuva week. Things at my 9-5 are exploding, imploding and messin' all over the place, and all of it requires so much mental attention and creativity and enthusiasm that I have so little left over for you.

But at 7:20 this morning, as I lay in bed in the dark quietly plotting the least messy and most efficient way to end it all, I remembered how many people I do have around me that love me and support me and like to see me happy. So at the risk of getting all kumbaya on you here, I'm making a list of things I am grateful for, things that make me smile, and things that remind me that my life is worth living.

At least until Monday, when the other big deadline explodes all over my cubicle, bringing joy to the world yet again.

1. I am very lucky that my tastebuds have developed a dislike for sweet lattes. This means no more Starbucks in the morning. I have swapped out plain ol' free office coffee for Pumpkin Spice with Whip Soy Lattes, saving myself about $5 a day in the process. Hurray!

2. Things that smell like grapefruit make me happy. Things that smell like grapefruit and clear up the unfair breakout of adult acne I've been battling of late? Super happy. Neutrogena Acne Wash with Grapefruit or whatever is awesome. Go buy it.

3. It's fall! Next weekend is Thanksgiving! I'm going home to my Momma, who makes without any argument at all, the BEST stuffing in the entire world. And pie. Yum.

4. I'm almost done using my stock of body wash, which means I get to buy more. Hurrah, and a bath and body works opened near me. Yay!

5. Ray LaMontagne's Gossip in the Grain has been lifting my mood for almost a year. If you don't have it, go buy this album. Your soul will thank you.

6. For the first time in my life, I have a hairstyle that a)looks even better after I style it at home versus in the salon b)doesn't require a flat iron to make it look fab c)takes advantage of my natural hair texture. I love you, hairdo. So much.

7 comments:

Senor Ping said...

Grandma C will be with us for Thanksgiving! Hope that brightens your day!

db

Marisa said...

Hey, awesome, I needed an acne wash recommendation, and grapefruit makes me happy too!

Snowflake said...

How about layered jello....does that bring a smile to your face and light to your beautiful green eyes? 'Cause if it does I can add it to the Thanksgiving menu!!!

Meg said...

I assumed there would be layered jello. I did not assume there would be Grandma C- both things bring me great joy!

Lady Rose said...

I love Thanksgiving. A holiday that seems to only be about food.

This year I will attempt....wait for it....to make apple pie, from scratch. I may even cut some cutesy pastry leaves out to decorate my crust.

Of course, I may end up stopping at Safeway on the way to my mom's too. Only time will tell.

Kathleen said...

I want a magic haricut too!

post-fab princess said...

My hair texture precludes me from ever, EVER having a magic haircut.

LOVE Gossip in the Grain!!!