Thursday, November 19, 2009

ROOKIE!

Thursday, November 19, 2009
Today I'm in Vancouver to see the Royal Winnipeg Ballet's Moulin Rouge. We're presenting this show in Calgary and Edmonton in a few months so I'm here to see what we bought so I can turn around and sell it to the likes of you! (ticketsmakegreatchristmasgiftsbuythemforyourlovedonestoday!!!)

I used to travel a lot for work. Once upon a time I had this swishy job that I hated. I hated it, I hated the work I did, I hated the company, I hated myself, I was miserable and then, surprise, I was laid off. Ultimately, the only good thing to come out of the whole experience was the knowledge that the Arts world is where I belong. And Platinum Status with the Fairmont Hotel's President's Club.

And a really firm grasp on business travel survival strategies.

But anyway. Here I am, in Vancouver, where I've been dozens of times, walking up and down the street I used to, swishing around in the puddles, hauling out my business lady luggage, strategic packing tactics and sturdy, yet sexy walking appropriate shoes.

And then, I totally forgot a coat. And an umbrella. And some anti-frizz cream for my hair.

I am wet, I am frizzy, I am cold and I am cranky.

These, my friends, are rookie business travel mistakes. And I'm no rookie.

On the upside, I totally remembered my very best push-up bra and cocktail attire, so Vancouver: be prepared to meet my cleavage.

2 comments:

Robert said...

I'm so glad you brought the ladies with you. Will they be joining us for lunch tomorrow?
(I explicitly reminded you to bring an umbrella, did I not?)

Carmen said...

And you didn't phone me!!?? :(