Thursday, January 14, 2010

Breakfast

Thursday, January 14, 2010
This morning I woke up craving a warm pain au chocolat and a cup of milky coffee served in a white china cup and saucer. I wanted to curl up in my crisp white sheets and do the crossword. In ink. And not spill on anything.

I also wanted to wake up with perfect hair.

It's 10:00 am and so far I've guzzled back two cups of office drip with flavoured coffee whitener. And my hair? Catastrophe.

Don't even get me started on spilling.

This is the key to most of my unhappiness. My expectations and reality so often do not meet. The trick, I guess, is to figure out how to manage my expectations without crushing my dreams.

Any advice?

4 comments:

Dana said...

Yes, stop thinking you live in a movie. It's Thursday - a crossword in ink while lying in white sheets eating chocolate and coffee, and not spilling...happy dreams. But unless you are Alexis Colby Carrington Dexter Rowan, you have to get up and go to work. Marry rich, or win the lotto otherwise say good bye to your dreams and begin the slow death that is growing up.

Abbey Shaw said...

One: If you want a fantastic breakfast, prepare it the night before. :)

Buy coffee with flavors (My favorite is ANYTHING with vanilla!), or get sugar free syrups and put them in your coffee.

Work sucks, life sucks when you're an average citizen..

Small dreams first, lady. Aim to have your hair MANAGEABLE in the mornings.

Get up earlier, maybe?

Lady Rose said...

I'm going to go with regular haircuts for my piece of advice. Do the work to maintain your hair and you will naturally experience less hair-tastrophes.

Meg said...

Maybe I just want to be a princess! Though being Alexis Colby Carrington Dexter Rowan would be way more fun than being a princess. True story.

Also, the hair is getting a choppity-chop on Saturday.