Monday, January 04, 2010

Early Morning Inspiration

Monday, January 04, 2010
I'm not making New Years Resolutions this year.

My partner puts a lot of stock in goal setting. He finds it motivating, and rightfully so. I'm also a big fan of putting dreams into realistic, achievable chunks on a to-do list, but this year I'm just not feeling it.

So instead I'm just trying to live "better".

This vague, loosey-goosey approach to life in this new decade might not work, and I accept that now. But I'd like to be a morning person. I'd like to be more in control of my stress levels, at home and at work. I'd like to make choices, conscious ones, that are better for me, my health, my career and my relationships.

So this morning I got up at 6:55 and did 40 minutes of really ridiculously easy yoga.

I might not lose 25 lbs in 30 days, I might not organize the linen closet, I might not save 10K this year. But I did start the day with calm reflection, a few good shoulder stretches, and a smoothie. And then I watched the sun come up on the first workday of the new decade.

1 comments:

Wayne C. said...

Sounds like a good New Year's Resolution to me!