Monday, January 18, 2010

Kids today?

Monday, January 18, 2010
At Chapters on Sunday morning I purchased a new paperback and a bookmark I found particularly inspiring.

Usually I use one of my business cards as a bookmark, though lately I've been using one from the Women's Health Clinic on 17th avenue to mark my spot in whatever frothy romance novel I've been reading.

But this slim wooden bookmark with a quote that manages to be inspiriational but not"hang in there, baby!" caught my fancy. It has a dangly little bead on it I like the texture of it, it's soothing and calming and not bulky to warp the pages.

But when I took it out of its little package, I noticed the warning on the back.

Not for children under the age of 12.

And it made me wonder...do 11 year olds still put small objects in their mouths and noses?

Or is it the somewhat depressing "our greatest glory is not in never falling, but getting up when we do" that is pre-teen inappropriate?

1 comments:

Marisa said...

Heh, heh, witty girl. I had to comment to tell you that I had the exact same thought when I read about the warning!